Seeking Manager for the Edgemont Community Centre
The Edgemont Community Association (ECA) is a non-profit society that is responsible for operating the Edgemont Community Centre (ECC). The ECC is located next to the Edgemont School and serves the community, providing space for meetings, programs, child care services, sporting activities, community events, as well as rental space for private functions. Weddings in particular are popular because the ECC has wonderful views of the mountains.
The ECA is searching for a community minded person to manage the ECC. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the daily operations of the ECC are run in an efficient and cost-effective way, while serving the community’s needs. Responsibilities will also include managing a number of part time staff, maintaining good relations with building users, and interfacing with the ECA Board of Directors.
The job will be part time with flexible hours that are determined by the successful candidate in consultation with the Chair of the Human Resources Committee. It is anticipated that there will be flexibility in taking periods of time off, subject to the requirements of ECC operations.
Key attributes include:
- A desire to enhance community spirit by working with volunteers and staff to make our community centre welcoming, inclusive and safe.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing people and daily operations of a business, organization, or team.
- Ability to utilize financial data supplied by our book keeper or other information in order to maintain cost-effective operations.
- Brings a desire to make things better, seeking ways to make improvements in both day-to-day operations and the bigger picture.
- As the ECC does not have a large staff, being happy to do other jobs as necessary.
While under the direction of the ECA board, this position reports directly to the Chair of the Human Resources Committee or designate.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]